Leading UCaaS provider seeks streamlined SaaS billing platform
Evolve IP partners with the world’s biggest tech companies and innovative industry leaders to create robust and reliable UCaaS solution (Unified Communications as a Services) for partners. As a global collaboration provider they specialise in bringing together unified communications, collaboration tools, contact centre, voice, and omnichannel solutions securely into the cloud.
As a vendor, Evolve IP integrates these disparate systems to create a bespoke solution for customers using systems from leaders like Microsoft, Cisco, Dubber, and more. Evolve IP has over 500,000 users across 73 countries. They provide bespoke communications and voice solutions to the hospitality, healthcare and financial sectors and include major brands such as Madison Square Gardens, Nike and Ford in their client portfolio.
Well-established as a US UC telecoms and cloud services provider, Evolve IP has a history of acquisitions, including The Voice Factory (TVF). PRD Technologies handled the UK and US billing for TVF throughout eight years of rapid growth and innovation, before they were acquired by Evolve IP and the billing moved to an alternative supplier.
Automated, multi-currency SaaS billing software with custom reporting, integrations and data analytics
Due to new requirements for a scalable, future proof SaaS billing platform, and ongoing billing issues with the alternative supplier, our previous reliable track record paved the way for a new partnership with Evolve IP. There needed to be scope to adapt to new and shifting requirements. The wider brief included Forex, multi-currency billing, custom reporting, integrations and data analytics.
PRD Technologies has high security standards and ISO27001 accreditation. This was a pre-requisite for Evolve IP, who also chose us as their billing software provider because of our shared passion for innovation and the rigorous accuracy upon which a market-leading reputation is built.
The new billing solution would need to offer Evolve IP precision as well as flexibility. With such big brands as clients and a stellar reputation at stake, they demanded a billing platform that they could one hundred per cent rely on. They sought automated billing systems that would reduce the need for manual input and dramatically reduce or eliminate human error.
We have never failed on an SLA, so they knew we could deliver against their large data volumes and bespoke objectives. Our ability to tailor SaaS billing systems to meet specific needs, along with our commitment to user support, also reassured them that we were the right team to work with.
A flexible, tailormade approach
PRD Technologies took the following steps to help Evolve IP achieve their objectives for a more sophisticated SaaS billing platform:
- Assigned specific tasks among a dedicated project team
- Set up a formal project plan, which included parallel runs
- Arranged a fixed price set-up to fit within budgets – no uncertainties
- Created a SOW / functional requirements
- Held regular team meetings and fortnightly project management calls
- Ran an issue log to be shared on all project calls
- Tracked and analysed timings
- Solved challenges proactively as they emerged
- Scheduled and completed ad hoc changes to support Evolve IP customers
- Demonstrated strong leadership and offered confident guidance, as experts in the field of SaaS billing
The SaaS billing process for Evolve IP was particularly complex, but we adapted and scaled our service and the Intelligent Billing software throughout the development process to suit their requirements.
Thousands of pounds saved because of Intelligent Billing
Evolve IP is experiencing a range of benefits as a result of working with PRD Technologies and using our Intelligent Billing platform:
- More dynamic and automated billing
- Cashflow increased by £5-10k per month – revenue previously lost to incorrect or missed billing
- Huge reduction in time and resources required on billing administration thanks to our efficient recurring billing software
- Smaller or no margin for human error means more accurate billing
- Greater confidence about meeting competitive market demands, working together with PRD Technologies
- Improved ROI, leveraging and optimising the functionality of other platforms, systems and applications
- Cost efficiencies compared to previous billing vendor
- Impressed and reassured customers, investors and partners